I believe everyone is aware of the fact that having a great attitude towards life will allow you to embrace it and experience it to the fullest. Therefore, I will not bore you with what I have learnt on this topic.
I would encourage you to pay close attention to the video below by Dr. John Demartini on “How To Change Your Life” in order to have a deeper understanding of what we are supposed to do with our lives and how to lead it in a more fulfilling way.
This video has a dramatic impact on my attitude towards life.
I believe it will have the same impact on you as well.
I have summarized the key insights and action steps that are suggested by Dr. Demartini for you to transform your attitude and lead a more fulfilling life.
Personally, I have read many books by self-help experts but the ones written by him left the deepest impression on me. 🙂
A balance of both support and challenge are needed in order to achieve your destiny.
There is a blessing in every crisis.
Every challenge is a test to see whether we are ready for the next stage of our life.
The more down and out you are, the more up and in you are destined to soar.
We need to be grateful for our body because it is designed to help us achieve our mission in life.
Summary of Action Steps to Improve Your Attitude Towards Life
1. Determine your top 3 values in life by doing the Value Determination exercise which is available on Dr. Demartini’s website.
2. Set 90 day goals based on your top 3 values in the 7 areas of your life, Financial, Spiritual, Physical, Family, Mental, Vocational, Social.
I find 90 day goals more attainable and not too far out for me. You can choose to set long-term goals based on this idea and break it down into 90 day periods. This will help you to stay congruent with your true values in life and not be distracted by other lower priorities.
3. Read an inspiring book for 30 minutes to fill your mind with inspiration instead of desperation before going to bed every night.
This will help your mind to manufacture inspiring thoughts while you are sleeping. You will feel much better when you wake up in the morning.
4. Meditate for 15 minutes a day. I recommend Omvana by MindValley for people who are beginners to meditation. I cannot overemphasize the importance of meditation.
It has helped me to gain a clarity of mind, provided me with some great ideas to grow my business and a higher awareness of what’s happening around me.
5. Keep a diary of inspirational quotes. You can do it on a Word Document if you want to. I personally use Evernote to record the quotes.
6. Listen to Ted Talks for more inspiring thoughts and ideas or subscribe to Dr. Demartini’s channel.
7. Put aside 10% of your monthly income for savings. It’s really exciting to see your wealth growing over time.
8. If you are holding a leadership position in your job or running a business, you may want to learn how to delegate other activities and focus on a few priorities that can lead to the most growth in your company or business.
Eventually, you will end up with THE ONE THING that you can focus on which will bring the greatest return for your time.
9. For folks who run a business, learn how to hire people whose dream is to do that particular job that they have been assigned with.
Otherwise, you will end up wasting a lot of money on overheads and other miscellaneous things due to the wrong hiring.
List of Books that I Recommend For Improving Your Attitude (in no particular order)
- The Magic Of Thinking Big by Dr. David J. Schwartz
- Count Your Blessings by Dr. John F. Demartini
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- The One Thing by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- Inspired Destiny by Dr. John F. Demartini
- Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Book Depository is my favourite place for getting books because they provide free shipping throughout the world and comes with a nice bookmark for every purchase. 🙂
List Of Songs That Inspire Me
I am going to share a list of songs that have made a dramatic impact on my life and helped me to clarify what I am here for.
I hope they will do the same for you as well.
John’s Song – I start my day with this song. 🙂
It’s About Time – John Denver – A timeless classic that always bring tears to my eyes when I listen to it intently.
What One Man Can Do – John Denver – A song written for Buckminster Fuller whose ideas transcend beyond time.
Looking For Space – John Denver – A self discovery song. 🙂
Book of Days – Enya – A truly meaningful song about the process of reaching your goals and fulfilling your destiny.
Beautiful Life – Corrinne May – This song depicts the essence of life.
The ONE Thing
Published on 20 Jul 2016
Last Updated on 29 Oct 2016